“Mentoring Mothers of Young Children in a Personal Way”
MM Core Values
1. We believe in God and in His principles as found in the Bible.
2. We believe motherhood is a holy calling and worthy of our sacrifice of time and attention.
3. We believe women are called to support, encourage and teach one another (Titus 2:3-5).
MM Key Messages
1. You, mom, are extremely important; and so is your job as a mother.
2. We understand what you’re going through and want to stand by you in this season of life.
3. You have needs, and Jesus Christ will meet them; invest in your husband and kids right now.
Mothering Matters is a ministry of Siloam Springs Bible Church designed to minister to mothers of young children in Siloam Springs and the surrounding communities. The premise of Mothering Matters is based on Titus 2:3-5. Here are a few of our goals:
· Mentoring mothers in a personal way
· Making friends
· Learning parenting skills
· Receiving encouragement
· Addressing spiritual needs
· Hearing how to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
MM meets the first and third Fridays of each month, September through May. Main meetings on first Fridays feature a speaker and group discussion. A Care Group Bible study and one free hour of childcare for moms are offered each third Friday of the month. A suggested donation of $3 is collected anonymously at main meetings to cover materials. Quality childcare with age-appropriate activities and caring volunteers is provided free for infants through pre-kindergarten and homeschooled children.
Mothers of all stages are welcome to come, from moms-to-be to grandmothers! If you’d rather come and play with kids, we are seeking loving volunteers to staff our Wee Matters childcare program. If you are interested in learning more about Mothering Matters or becoming a volunteer, please call the church office to be directed to Mothering Matters leadership.